Monday, July 30, 2012

Book 101: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
by: Stephen Chbosky

Dear Friend,

Yes! I know I just posted a book review a few days ago. Oh well...its my blog I can post what I want...hahaha No....seriously...I happen to be into the mood of reading this past few days and I got to finish this book in just a couple of days because its not that long. The weather had helped me to stay at home and read whatever I can since I cant go out because the rain is pouring so hard here....

This book is very unique to me.Reading this novel that I just saw from the net and books that are interpreted into movies really intrigues me that much. I have to read the book first before I watch the movie of it so that I can relate to it by heart...hahaha chozzz...I do relate from Charlie's letters, I did thought about my high school days when I was reading it. I have become a part of Charlie's life. hahaha This book had revealed so many secrets that almost teenagers have been through.....Thankfully, the book is wonderfully written and the language it conveys is very real and authentic. Stephen Chbosky commanded Charlie’s blunt character perfectly, with referencing enough pop culture elements such as books, movies, and songs that relate to the storyline in so many levels. Unfortunately, there are some scattered cheesy bits that might turn off some readers, and to be honest I do recommend this book to those teenagers, whose into exploring life and starting to discover things, and also to the parents for them to understand their teenage son/daughter.....

By the way "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" will be showing on September I think....See you there guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.