Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January: Aleph by: Paolo Coelho

Well...As I started this year I have posted  my things to do...and one of it is to read at least 3 books a month so this is my first book for the month of January....!

Aleph 
Author: Paulo Coelho 

If your a reader of this blog you would notice that I have made some reviews about his works...I love how this author write something that will surely enlighten his reader. On this novel its about Paulo himself. Paulo seems like lost in terms of his faith. His spiritual guru named: J, advised him to reconnect into his life by getting into the present moment a mystic space called the Aleph. As he seeks to his path of spiritual renewal and growth he decided to go for a Trans-Siberian railway starting from Africa to Europe then Asia. Just before the journey begins Paulo meets Hilal, a gifted young violinist who happened to be the woman he loved back from 500 years before and the woman he betrayed in an act of cowardice. They have both given another chance at present so that Paulo can fix things from Hilal and other women he had mistreated back then in cosmic time. Paulo together with Hilal they will find ways find path that teaches love, forgiveness, and courage to overcome life's inevitable challenges.


QUOTATIONS:

" When there's no turning back, we should concern ourselves only with the best way of going forward."
" Anyone who knows God cannot describe Him, Anyone who can describe God does not know Him."
" Travel is never a matter of money but of courage."
" Only two things can reveal life's great secrets: suffering and love."


MY FAVORITES:
" If I believe I will win, then victory will believe in me."
" Each time we embrace someone warmly, we gain an extra day of life." 
" We are not the person other people wish we were. We are who we decide to be."
" Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.