Monday, February 25, 2013

February: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire

Title: "Beautiful Disaster"
Author: Jamie Mcguire


INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he met his match.



*********************************************************************

 From the time I started  reading  pages of this book I did had problems on letting it go and not finishing it right way. Imagine I started to read about 9pm I didn’t even noticed the time that its already 4am in the morning until the alarm clock of my sister shouted on my ears. Haha and guess what? I have to wake up by 8am for my work…I really have to force myself to sleep. My imagination had been overused. This book is now on top of my list Im sorry Mr. Sparks and Mr. Coelho but you have been replaced by Jamie Mcguire.  

It’s the typical setting the bad boy meets the love of her life that made him transform into a new guy. Let’s admit that this kind of set up has already been overused. And so?  Yet people still likes it…Every woman desires a bad boy that she can transform into a man that everybody will love. Isn't that romantic? The monster made all he can just to be the prince of his princess. In that case the bad guy is Travis. An underground fighter, tattooed guy, a guy with a very strong and masculine built, a heartthrob of the school, and not to forget an excellent student who gets straight A’s in class…If you’d ask me he’s not that bad for me…hehehe  Travis met his match and that is Abby. A girl who had traveled miles away from her town to escape the gambling world she had grown up with. The new Abby doesn't drink, smoke, or swear. She tried her best to keep distance from her dark sides.  Their relationship was a whirl wind fight, love, fight and love etc.

As for me there’s no such thing as perfect relationship couples do fight in their own ways. As long as the two of you are willing to work hard and patch things up. Why not? It only shows how much you really love each other that even if it turns out into a disaster.

I adore the friendship that Shep, Mare (America), Abby and Travis has. Each of them knows what, when and how to react on dark sides of each other. Especially when Shep and America's relationship got affected because of Travis and Abby’s resulting to break up.


PARTS THAT I LOVED:

“You’re turning me into a fcuking psycho Pigeon, he growled over his shoulder. “I don’t think straight when I’m around you,”

“I know were fucked up, all right? I’m impulsive and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then you need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don’t deserve you….but I love you, Abby.”

“It’s dangerous to need someone that much. You’re trying to save him and he’s hoping you can. You two are a disaster.” I smiled at the ceiling. “It doesn't matter what or why it is. When it’s good, Kara…its beautiful.”


“but he’s not fighting for his girl, is he?” Travis cradled me in his arms, kissing the top of my hair, “You okay, Pigeon?”

I don’t get scared very often,” he said finally. “I was scared the first morning I woke up and you weren’t here. I was scared when you left me after Vegas. I was when I thought I was going to have to tell my dad that Trent died in that building. But when I saw you across the flames in that basement…I was terrified. I made it to the door, was a few feet from the exit, and couldn't leave.”

“ I've never been so clear about anything in life. I turned around made my way to that room you were in, and there you were. Nothing else mattered. I didn't even know if we would make it out or not, I just wanted to be where you were, whatever that meant. The only thing I'm afraid of is a life without you Pigeon.” 

P.S.
I badly recommend it to you guys!
Let me know what's your views after you read this book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.