Monday, February 11, 2013

VIVA SAN GUILLERMO!

Fiestas in the Philippines are held to celebrate a patron saint or to mark the passage of the seasons, depending on which part of the country you're in. The fiesta is part and parcel of Filipino culture. Each city and barangay has at least one local festival of its own, usually on the feast of its patron saint.
The roots of Philippine fiestas go back to before the Spanish conquistadores arrived in the 1500s. In the old animistic culture, regular ritual offerings were made to placate the gods, and these offerings evolved into the fiestas we know today. A wonderful fiesta season means good luck for the rest of the year.
For individual Filipinos, fiestas can be a way of supplicating the heavens or to make amends for past wrongs. In one place, penitents lash themselves with whips; in another, childless women dance on the streets hoping for the blessing of a child.
Every town and city in the Philippines has a fiesta of its own; whatever time of the year it is, there's sure to be a fiesta going on somewhere!


Last Saturday is the feast of San Guillermo in Buting, Pasig City. Where my man lives...So automatically I have to attend which I love...hehe I get to eat lots of food that would always be grand....As we all know we Filipinos are so into fiesta's no matter how hard life is, we always make sure that we celebrate it. Its part of our culture. As always sunday is church day so we went to church and then opted to attend the procession "Prusisyon" unfortunately he gets tired in the middle of it he keeps on complaining that his back is aching though I ignored him at first because we're almost done with it but then his complaints are unignorable so he won we went to his home and ate again (a lot actually..haha) 

While we are eating I'm a bit surprised with the amount of what he ate its not his usual appetite and its lesser than  the usual then I just learned that he's on a diet....hahaha Im sorry guys I'm such a shallow person I'm just so happy that he's concern with his figure now and I can see that he is determined this time.....Im such a proud girl...hahaha  Don't get me wrong he is not fat...he just have some bellys that I've wanted him to burn....



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.